Hi, Friends everyone has a thought that what if India took back Pok or what India will gain after taking back POK and Gilgit-Baltistan. Then here is your answer.
In earlier days India’s border in the west was up to Iran and some parts of Afghanistan. Pakistan and Bangladesh were part of India, and in the east, our borders were up to Cambodia because of the spread of Indian civilization.
Indonesia had the cultural ties with India and in Combodia there is the largest Hindu temple (Angkor wat) in the world.
When Partition of India happened then Pakistan took over POK by invasion and they also illegally occupied Gilgit and Baltistan with the help of some British officials. After 15 days of Partition, the maharaja of Kashmir still hadn’t decided on whether to join India or Pakistan or to stay independent. British government had appointed two British officials to look after the public affairs of Kashmir until Maharaja’s decision.
When Pakistan attacked Kashmir in 1947 they captivate the governor of Kashmir and announced that ‘Now Gilgit-Baltistan belongs to Pakistan’. After that on 24th march 2017 British government had condemned the illegal occupation of Gilgit-Baltistan By Pakistan. Even they passed a resolution in the British parliament that ‘ Gilgit and Baltistan is a legal and constitutional part of Jammu and Kashmir illegally occupied by Pakistan in 1947.
In the war of 1971 India successfully broke Pakistan into two pieces. There was a time when India had the opportunity to take back Gilgit-Baltistan. But that didn’t happen for whatsoever reasons definitely, we will discuss that in some different topic. Since the formation of Bangladesh under the frustration of losing its territory, Pakistan started militancy in Kashmir to seek revenge from India. Pakistan sponsored militancy dismantled the peace in this region for 74 years. But now after the revocation of Article 370 and 35A. India is thinking to take back Pok from Pakistan. Now we should come to our main question.
Why it is necessary and what are the benefits of Taking back Pok.
- India will get 85000 Sq.Kms of land. That land belongs to India which is illegally occupied by Pakistan since 74 years.
- The nexus between Pakistan and China will be destroyed because China and Pakistan do trade and military activities through that area.
- Also, it will be a huge blow to CPEC which passes through Gilgit-Baltistan. Because of this Pakistan will suffer a huge financial loss which leads to a decrease in the power of the Pakistani Military.
- China will not be able to operate in Gawadar port so, the Naval threat from Chinese for India in the Arabian sea will reduce.
- After getting POK we will get a direct link to Afghanistan through which we also get Trade links to Former Soviet Countries. Those countries are rich in oil, Natural gas, and Uranium like minerals which will be a huge benefit for India.
- Militancy in Kasmir will be stopped after getting Pok because all the launchpad of militants will be destroyed. Because of which there will be peace in Kasmir Valley.
- India could save Gilgit and Baltistan people from Pakistani army’s exploitation.
In short After taking Pok back peace could prevail in that region. And India could also decrease its military expenditure because of less external threats, which directly benefits the Indian economy. In the next post, we will discuss how India could take back POK. I hope you liked my today’s post.